Saturday, November 30, 2013

Beautiful Mare


This is a photo I took earlier this year, (before the snow) when I was out visiting my sister. Its one of her neighbors horses. Its a beautiful mare and pregnant! Personally I love the look of white flea bitten horses. Again I love the natural look of her, she has no halter or bridal on her face no saddle, and just a pure nature filled background. I LOVE THE COUNTRY!

I want to draw your attention to the color of the sky, it matches closely to the color of the horse many photographers would disagree with the technique I used because generally your not supposed to match up the colors because it usually draws your eyes away from the subject, but I think in this case it suits it well. 
The color of the sky is also darker than the bright blue everyone thinks of. Its white is because it was a cloud covered day, which is perfect photographer weather for the daytime. The reason being is if your shooting when the sun is out on a bright sunny day that will create shadows on your subject. A perfect day with a light cloud cover will make for a photo to have enough light for your photograph but not create distracting shadows.

thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment or suggestions, I would love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

  1. "I want to draw your attention to the color of the sky, it matches closely to the color of the horse many photographers would disagree with the technique I used because generally your not supposed to match up the colors because it usually draws your eyes away from the subject, but I think in this case it suits it well."

    You say that you think this photo works even though it goes against common photograph wisdom, but you don't explain why. The explanation is important. I'd love to understand better because I like the shot.

    ReplyDelete