Saturday, January 4, 2014

Andrew and Tasha

I am out visiting my is sister and brother in law for the Christmas Break. Andrew and Tasha Have been married two and a half years now.
This candy cane prop is a common Christmas shot. I chose to frame it like this, because it gets the viewer to look at the hands and candy cane and then then face, makes the picture look more 3D instead of 2D. It just gives the picture extra spice! 
Winter photography is still fairly new to me because I normally take pictures when its warm outside, because when its cold outside I would rather sit in a warm house. This project has pushed me to grow in the photography areas I am not as comfortable in, mainly winter photography and indoor photography. 
The sun as you can tell, is coming from the right, creating a small shadow on Andrews face. I would of preferred without a shadow, but it was very sunny and direct sunlight would cause blinking subjects.
A big difference during the summer and winter is that during the summer standing in a shadow just creates a darker subject, and during the winter the white snow reflects a blue color on your subjects faces when standing in the shadow, so stay away from shadows because they create more of a cold depressing look. Have fun in the sunshine!

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment