Thursday, February 13, 2014

Frank and Rachel


 This is my first official couple photo shoot during this project. I say official because family members don't count because I would take pictures of my sister even if she didn't ask for it. (animals don't count either) 
It went well, we made sure this time to pick a day with nice weather (-9'C) so we all weren't too cold. One thing I didn't account for is me as a photographer having to walk in knee high snow to get the perfect angle. I assumed before hand I would just walk on the path. Lets just say I was completely soaked!
Black and White photos are one of my favorite styles of photos. I like black or white because sometimes color distracts and sometimes color is needed. Black and White makes you look at details and not color. 
You might of heard about drawing lines in photography definitions before. they are strategically placed lines to draw you into the main focus of the picture, drawing lines are naturally appealing to the eye. I used this technique by having the whole bench in the picture, the wood of the bench is leading you to the subject.

Photography Tip: When taking an outdoor winter photo shoot, wear ski pants, you are going to get wet! and bring hand warmers because it's hard to switch the settings on the camera with cold hands.

Thanks for reading! what do you like better black and white or color?

1 comment:

  1. Black and white!

    Your use of the bench lines to draw viewers' attention to the couple is effective. I also like how the dark clothes create this distinct black space that contrasts with the snow and allows the faces to become the focal point. Cool shot! (heehee)

    Hazeu

    ReplyDelete